With hiring trends showing more employees are receiving interviews, it is important to pinpoint a few questions you can ask the hiring manager that will prove your merit. The following are some key inquiries you can make to gain valuable information, according to U.S. News & World Report.
1. What are the major challenges the person will face in this position?
2. How will the person's success in the role be evaluated?
3. What would a typical day be like for the individual holding this job?
4. What made a previous employee succeed in the position?
5. Are there any reservations you have about how I fit in the role?
This final question is particularly important because it gives you one final opportunity to ease any concerns the hiring manager may have. The interviewer's response can also show you what to improve upon and which skills should be further developed.
During the interview, you can also ask why the specific position is open, according to MoneyWatch. If the job already existed, determining why the previous worker left may offer insight into some of the potential challenges of the role.