Accounting and Finance Manager needed for an established yet fast-growing insurance organization. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, this newly developed role will play a critical part in the strategic financial planning and forecasting for the company. The Accounting and Finance Manager will lead and manage a team of four Finance Specialists, but will also be hands-on when it comes to month end reporting, reconciliations and auditing of accounts as it relates to strategic planning and forecasting for the business.
We are seeking someone with a working knowledge of accounting, but also the ability and desire to work with financial data to compile reports and make actionable financial plans for a company with annual revenue streams in the billion dollar range. The ideal candidate has a passion for data analysis and financial planning alongside the ability and desire to lead a growing team.
- Assist with strategic financial plans and projects
- Manage finance operations, reporting, and compliance functions
- Compile reports and review financial performance with key stakeholders
- Oversee and execute various month-end reports such as GL reconciliation, invoice auditing, expense reporting and others
- Manage the Finance team in the day-to-day operations: timecards, performance evaluations and recommendations, and disciplinary actions
- Create relevant performance metrics and develop reporting packages / dashboards
- Establish ongoing schedules for reporting and analysis
- Handle month-end close activities, forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting, and ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in Corporate Accounting and/or Finance
- At least 2 years of people management/supervision is strongly preferred
- Experience working in the insurance industry is ideal, but not required
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in Great Plains, Sage, or similar G/L packages preferred
$100,000- $110,000 (DOE) + Bonus + Full Benefits
Competitive benefits package that starts Day 1, 401K with contribution, generous PTO + holiday plan, annual bonus, casual work atmosphere, flexible schedule and employee-focused company culture.
Offices located in Scottsdale
Hybrid Work Arrangement (After Training Period): Work from Home / Work from Offices in Scottsdale